New computer users commonly seem to think that to uninstall a program, you simply dump it in the recycle bin. Well this only gets rid of the desktop shortcut, not the actual program. Even if you go into Program files to the folder where the program is and delete that, there will always be more files scattered in other places.
To delete a program entirely from your computer follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel from the start menu
- Double click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose which program you want to uninstall
- Press Remove
- Tick the box that says show updates and the Extra updates will appear. There will be a lot of Windows updates alone. I leave it un-ticked as it is confusing.
- Sometimes the program is never fully uninstalled as a trace of it is usually still in the registry.
- Do not uninstall items when you don’t know what they are.
- You can also see how much space the program takes up.